BluMetric is an environmental company with a conscience and a proven track record. We are growing and with that comes opportunity for bright, passionate, hard-working, highly qualified and talented individuals. Our primary workforce includes scientists, engineers, industrial hygienists, environmental auditors, project and production managers, financial and management systems specialists and support personnel.
Our experience has shown that innovation starts with an idea, an opportunity and a receptive platform. Whether you are a prospective board member, an executive, an aspiring manager or a summer student/intern, we would like to give you that opportunity and hear your ideas.
BluMetric is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations due to a disability are available upon request.
BluMetric is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a progressive, stimulating environment. If you are up for the challenge, please email your resume titled "LastName,FirstName Resume" with the job title in the subject line to our HR department at Careers@BluMetric.ca.
Current Job Opportunities
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is searching for an Hazardous Material Technologist for our Ottawa office who is ready for a challenge! The individual will work as part of a multi-discipline team of occupational hygienists/technologists and occupational health & safety professionals, delivering quality Industrial Hygiene (IH) / Occupational Hygiene (OH) services to our clients in a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, industrial, health care, education, mining, construction, and government (federal, provincial and municipal). You must be motivated and client-focused, quality-oriented, and thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the full cycle of client projects: proposal writing, conducting and/or supervising field work, analyze results and preparing assessment reports.
- Conduct quantitative worker exposure assessments of chemical, physical and biological agents in a wide variety of sectors.
- Conduct indoor air quality surveys, designated substance surveys and hazardous building material surveys
- Assist with development of mould/asbestos abatement specifications and oversee remediation including air sampling
- Deliver effective training (and assist to develop) on occupational hygiene or health and safety related programs and topics
- Assist with occupational hygiene, health and & safety compliance/ conformance and management systems audits
- Assist with the development of corporate health & safety from time to time
- Act as a health and safety resource for others in BluMetric
- Other duties as required or needed
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of previous experience working for an environmental consulting company.
- College diploma in Environmental Technology/ or Occupational Health & Safety
- A strong understanding, familiarity, and appreciation of a fast paced consulting work environment.
- Possess or in the process of obtaining Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.)
- Proficient in the use of IH related equipment such as sampling pumps, sound level meters, dosimeters, and a variety of direct-reading instruments.
- Familiarity with hazardous materials/ designated substances surveys, indoor air quality and mould assessments, supervision of asbestos and mould abatement.
- Knowledge of provincial, territorial and federal occupational health and safety legislation.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Highly effective communication skillsets - reading, writing, and verbal.
- Willingness to collaborate within the team and company
- Travel and occasional periods away from your normal place of work are required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and personal vehicle (work-related travel expenses are compensated)
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), French fluency is an asset.
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Hydrogeologist to join our team in Ontario, office location is negotiable. The successful candidate will provide hydrogeological support to interdisciplinary, multi-office project teams on a variety of innovative environmental and engineering projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform a number of tasks that may include the supervision or execution of site characterization programs, hydrogeological analysis, technical report preparation, and project coordination/management.
BluMetric is a mid-sized consulting firm that encourages professional growth by developing collaborative teams of professionals to service private and public-sector clients.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Support hydrogeological and hydrological investigations.
- Supervision and/or implementation of field programs including the following:
- Borehole drilling in overburden and bedrock and monitoring well installation;
- Soil, surface water and groundwater sampling; and
- Aquifer testing (single-well response tests, pumping tests, packer tests).
- Analyse groundwater, surface water and soil chemistry data.
- Analyse aquifer test data including single-well response, constant rate, and packer tests using analytical solutions.
- Interpret hydrogeological data to support conceptual groundwater model development.
- Prepare technical reports to support permit to take water applications, contaminated site assessments and regulatory compliance.
- Manage/coordinate projects.
- Promote safety culture in all aspects of work.
- Occasional field work.
- Support proposal development.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth/Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Environmental or Water Resources Engineering, or similar program.
- P.Geo. or P.Eng. designation, or eligibility to register in the Province of Ontario.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in physical and contaminant hydrogeology, preferably environmental/engineering consulting.
- Knowledge of geology, physical and chemical hydrogeology including contaminated site investigations, delineation and remediation.
- Experience should include surface water and groundwater monitoring and sampling procedures, borehole drilling and monitoring well installation, logging of field samples, the preparation of borehole logs, and conducting and analysing aquifer tests.
- Strong technical writing, data analysis, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working at mining and mining-related facilities considered an asset.
- Project coordination/management an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel locally and domestically.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and manage multiple priorities.
Blumetric is looking for a full time Welding and Production Supervisor to work in our West Ottawa location. We design, build, and repair and overhaul water treatment systems for many different market sectors.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that qualified welders and welding operators are working in accordance to approved welding procedure data sheets on the shop floor
- Testing and evaluation of new welders
- Executes the inspection and signoff of projects as per the Inspection Test Plan (ITP)
- Documents processes to ensure overall project consistency
- Maintains relationships with third party inspectors
- Coordinates audits with CWB representatives to ensure positive results
- Controls all welder records and logs
- Verifies welding is completed as per approved CWB QWP
- Provides quality control updates at production meetings as required
- Insure projects are running efficiently and on time
- Inform the Project Managers on the progress of their project
- Mentor guide junior staff and advance their skill sets
- Adhere to all safety policies and enforce the use of all PPE and safe work practise
- Supervise and provide direction to shop technicians
- Oversee Logistics, Inventory and Quality Control
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Accredited CWB Welding Supervisor Certification
- Must have practical knowledge of supervising welding/fitting operations
- Proficient in TIG welding stainless steel piping
- Possesses conversant knowledge of CWB requirements.
- Must be familiar with CSA/CAN 47.1 and CSA/CAN 59
- Possesses the ability to interpret engineering specifications
- Ability to provide accuracy and detail in assimilation of project details and reports
- Possesses intermediate computer skills, specifically with MS Office.
- Demonstrates initiative and is a proactive problem solver
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly
- Have a sound understanding of welding procedures and welding data procedures
- Ability to communicate within a team and be able to supervise difficult situations in a professional manner
- A good understanding of TSSA procedures would be an asset
- An ability to write and submit Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Welding Procedure Data Sheets (WPDS) to CWB for approval would be an asset
- Red Seal would be an asset
- Familiar with ASME B31.1 / ASME B31.3 and CSA B51would be an asset
- Managerial experience
- Ability to resolve employee conflict and promote employee engagement