BluMetric is an environmental company with a conscience and a proven track record. We are growing and with that comes opportunity for bright, passionate, hard-working, highly qualified and talented individuals. Our primary workforce includes scientists, engineers, industrial hygienists, environmental auditors, project and production managers, financial and management systems specialists and support personnel.
Our experience has shown that innovation starts with an idea, an opportunity and a receptive platform. Whether you are a prospective board member, an executive, an aspiring manager or a summer student/intern, we would like to give you that opportunity and hear your ideas.
BluMetric is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations due to a disability are available upon request.
BluMetric is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a progressive, stimulating environment. If you are up for the challenge, you can reach our HR department at Careers@BluMetric.ca.
Current Job Opportunities
BluMetric is looking for full time Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators who will be responsible for the operation of various filtering and chemical treatment processes, and maintaining the water and sewer treatment plant and facilities in accordance with federal, provincial / territorial and municipal legislation, policies and standards. The candidates will also be responsible for trouble shooting and adjusting the Wastewater Treatment processes as required.
- Operate and monitor computerized control systems and related equipment in chemical dosing and reactor tanks, water filtration clarifier and sludge roll off bins to regulate the treatment and distribution of mine effluent.
- Complete daily operations monitoring sheets, including parameters to be measured and pH (typical values are between 6.5 and 9), turbidity, and flow.
- Consistent and accurate operation of chemical dosing systems, and proper performance of clarification and filtration equipment.
- Regular systems checks to ensure equipment is working correctly and accurately.
- Collect and test samples of effluent, employing analysis standards and testing equipment, to ensure treated water meets standards.
- Communicate with supervisors, coworkers, other employees and upper management regarding operations, plant conditions and other essential information.
- Collaborate with upper management to determine the best practices, equipment, upgrades and other operational aspects to contribute to ecologically friendly, cost effective impacts of the facility’s water treatment.
- Support environmental department with routine sampling as time allows.
- Complete annual reports summarizing treatment, operations maintenance and efficiencies of the water treatment plant.
- Travel will be required, and the position will include rotational work: 2 weeks onsite, 2 weeks out. Work will be conducted at remote mine sites across Northern Ontario, the Northern Territories, and Newfoundland.
- Education: Graduate from post-secondary training course or diploma in a related field
- Experience: Minimum 2 Years of water treatment experience or similar transferable experience. Maintenance and operation experience related to water and waste water treatment equipment (Hands on experience is an asset)
- Other Requirements: Experience with Indigenous/First Nations is an asset