Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 9-107
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and independent Environmental Risk Assessor to work in our Ontario offices. The successful candidate will have excellent technical and writing skills, knowledge of regulations and experience with the O.Reg 153/04, Federal Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) and Risk Assessment (RA) frameworks. The ideal candidate will possess sufficient ESA/RA experience, be able to work independently while also having the ability to ask for help when required, will contribute to our existing ESA/RA team by bring in a team-oriented approach to projects and an ability to apply independent problem-solving skills to all phases of the role.
• Manage industrial, private and governmental projects including work plan preparation and implementation, field team management, liaising with clients and contractors, schedule and budget management.
• Management, evaluation and interpretation of data including geology, hydrogeology and chemistry.
• Report writing (Phase One/Two ESA, RAP, PQRA, DQRA).
• Risk screening, receptor selection, exposure assessment, risk characterization, conceptual site model development.
• Statistical analysis.
• Evaluation of Risk Management Measures (RMMs).
• Training and mentoring junior staff, provide technical guidance for risk assessments prepared by junior staff.
• Proposal writing and preparation.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Minimum B.Sc. in Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Health Sciences, Environmental Engineering or related field, with a preference for higher level degrees.
• A minimum of 5 years of consulting experience in environmental geosciences, environmental site assessment and risk assessment projects for industrial, private and government clients.
• Solid understanding of contaminated site investigation, delineation, and remediation, especially within the context of petroleum hydrocarbons and chlorinated solvents.
• Demonstrated experience with the Ontario Record of Site Condition Regulation and the MGRA process as well as the Federal (FCSAP) RA frameworks.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required; the ability to write professional reports is paramount.
• Knowledge of other Ontario and Canadian environmental guidelines and regulations.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis methods is an asset.
• A valid driver’s license.
• P.Geo. or P.Eng. in Ontario is considered an asset.
• Qualified Person, QP-ESA or QP-RA is considered an asset.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Requisition # 9-107 Risk Assessor – Intermediate” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume