Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 4-104
BluMetric Environmental is seeking a dynamic full time Water/ Wastewater Project Manager with an Engineering background for the Ottawa, Ontario office. The Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. The ideal candidate will help define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources and supervise the efforts of project team members. This position will perform critical tasks that must be executed throughout each project lifecycle including efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, and clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to the PMO.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
• Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
• Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
• Establish a Project Charter for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
• Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
• Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/ or PM methods.
• Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
• Negotiate with other business units to obtain required skill sets.
• Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
• Follow the formal change management program and adhere to established methodologies for project management.
• Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary.
• Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
• Manage project dependencies.
• Conduct project post-mortems in order to identify opportunities for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience of technical project management or Technical Support.
• Post-Secondary Education in Engineering, Construction Management or other relevant degree.
• Demonstrated success in execution of project management methods and project delivery.
• Demonstrated experience in development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), scheduling and schedule analysis, cost estimating and cost control, budget development, reporting, and record/ document control.
• Proven experience in project management and process/ mechanical engineering review/ selection for water and wastewater treatment equipment.
• System Commissioning and Plant Operations experience would be considered an asset.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong business acumen.
• Proficient in common desktop packages, i.e. MS Office suite of tools, Word, Excel, MS Project.
• Certification such as PMP, Prince or related certifications.
• This is not an engineering design position.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Project Manager – Water/ Wastewater # 4-104” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume