Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 4-110
BluMetric (BLM) is currently seeking an intermediate Water/ Wastewater Project Manager, preferably with a Process or Mechanical Engineering background, for the Ottawa, Ontario office. The Project Manager is the primary point person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. To achieve these important goals, the Project Manager will help define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources and supervise the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to the PMO are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle. This is not an engineering design position.
• Establish a Project Charter for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
• Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
• Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/ or PM methods.
• Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
• Negotiate with other business units to obtain required skill sets.
• Track project progress and report to stakeholders.
• Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
• Follow the formal change management program.
• Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
• Produce regular reports as required (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
• Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary.
• Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
• Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
• Manage project dependencies.
• Conduct project post-mortems in order to identify opportunities for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience of technical project management or Technical Support.
• Post-Secondary Education in Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or suitable work experience in lieu of formal education.
• Demonstrated success in the execution of project management methods and project delivery.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), scheduling and schedule analysis, cost estimating and cost control, budget development, reporting, and record/ document control.
• Proven experience in project management and process/ mechanical engineering review/ selection for water and wastewater treatment equipment.
• System Commissioning and Plant Operations experience would be considered an asset.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficient in common desktop packages, i.e. MS Office suite of tools, Word, Excel, MS Project.
• Strong business acumen.
• Fluency in French would be considered an asset.
To Apply: Please email your resume and include “# 4-110 Project Manager Intermediate – Water/ Wastewater” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume