Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 10-100
BluMetric Environmental is looking for a full-time Payroll Accountant to work from our headquarters office located in Ottawa. The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of our payroll for both hourly and salaried employees.
Other responsibilities include payroll remittances, journal entry preparation, payroll account reconciliations, payroll reporting and other accounting-related functions as required.
Integrity and strong attention to detail are crucial for this role, as well as strong customer service and interpersonal skills, while working in a deadline-driven environment.
• Accurate and timely preparation and processing of semi-monthly payroll for both hourly and salaried employees (approximately 170 employees).
• Manage employee and payroll information in ADP Workforce system.
• Generate and upload payroll journal entries into accounting system.
• Process payroll forms including ROE, T4, T5 and T2200 etc.
• Review and approve time and attendance entries.
• Investigate and resolving payroll issues.
• Prepare and file statutory federal and provincial remittances.
• Handle inquiries arising from questions about payroll.
• Assist with the administration of the benefit programs.
• Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions.
• Create and run reports for review and reporting.
• Provide payroll information for year-end audit, SR&ED and income tax preparation.
• Liaison with project accountants, AP, and AR, and contribute to month-end reconciliations and reporting as needed.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is an asset.
• Background in Accounting, Business or Finance.
• Experience with ADP Workforce is an asset.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role.
• Must have a working-level knowledge of Canadian payroll regulations and guidelines.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is an asset.
• Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
• Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• A team player with strong communication, problem identification and resolution skills.
• Ability to meet firm deadlines and communicate effectively.
• Experience in a professional services or consulting environment is an asset.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Requisition #10-100 Payroll Accountant” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume