Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 6-106
BluMetric is searching for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable Intermediate Occupational Industrial Hygiene/ Environmental/ Hazmat Technician to work in our Ottawa/Toronto/Sudbury or Yellowknife office locations. The ideal candidate would be motivated, detail-oriented, reliable and a strong communicator. If you want to work within an engaging, dynamic, and inclusive team environment, and aspire to expand your skills, field of expertise, and work life balance, BluMetric is a perfect fit for you.
• Co-ordinate and complete assigned field site investigation and reporting activities with respect to projects.
• Conduct building surveys related to hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene investigations, asbestos and mould assessments, indoor air quality assessments, lead surveys, designated substances, potable water surveys and more.
• Inspection, oversight and air monitoring activities during abatement and remediation of asbestos, lead, mould, to monitor contractor compliance with legislation, industry standards and client requirements.
• Collection and preparation of field notes, data analysis and interpretation/evaluation.
• Participate in technical report and proposal writing.
• Maintain professionalism and objectivity consistently while working with clients and colleagues.
• Manage all situations with tact and diplomacy to maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Conduct project administration tasks as required, including time-sheet generation, organizing and filing, equipment calibration and maintenance.
Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• University Degree or College Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences, Environmental Technology, Environmental Science, Building Science or an environmental related field.
• A minimum of 4 years of Industrial Hygiene and/or hazardous building materials background.
• Experience in indoor air quality, designated substances/hazardous material surveys and remediation is essential.
• Highly effective communication skills, written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills and able to complete work within established timeframes.
• Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Valid driver’s license.
• Flexibility on hours of work and ability to travel occasional periods away from your normal place, may be required.
• Willingness to travel to the Northwest Territories will be required (including Nunavut).
• Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
• Eligible to obtain or possess security clearance.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Occupational Industrial Hygiene/ Environmental Specialist – Intermediate # 6-106” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume