Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition Number: 6-108
BluMetric is searching for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable Junior Occupational Industrial Hygienist for our Ottawa Office. The ideal candidate would be motivated, detail-oriented, reliable and a strong communicator. If you want to work within an engaging, dynamic, and inclusive team environment and aspire to expand your skills, field of expertise, and work-life balance, BluMetric is a perfect fit for you.
• Support in coordination and completion of assigned field site investigation/assessments and reporting activities with respect to projects.
• Conduct industrial hygiene assessments, building surveys related to hazardous building materials, asbestos and mould assessments, indoor air quality assessments, lead surveys, designated substances, potable water surveys and more.
• Inspection, oversight and air monitoring activities during abatement and remediation of asbestos, lead, mould, to monitor contractor compliance with legislation, industry standards and client requirements.
• Collection and preparation of field notes, data analysis and interpretation/evaluation.
• Participate in technical report and proposal writing.
• Maintain professionalism and objectivity consistently while working with clients and colleagues.
• Manage all situations with tact and diplomacy to maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Conduct project administration tasks as required, including time-sheet generation, organizing and filing, equipment calibration and maintenance.
Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• University completion at the postgraduate level with a Master’s in Occupational Hygiene, Engineering, Occupational Health or an environmental-related field.
• A minimum of 1 year of Industrial Hygiene and/or hazardous building materials background, consulting experience preferred.
• Working towards your CIH, ROH designation/s would be considered an asset.
• Highly effective communication skills, written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills and ability to complete work within established timeframes.
• Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Valid driver’s license.
• Flexibility regarding hours of work and the ability to travel occasional periods away from your normal place, may be required.
• Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
• Eligible to obtain or possess a security clearance.
To Apply: Please forward your resume to email@example.com and include “Junior Occupational Hygienist 6-108” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume