Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 6-109
Occupational Environmental Scientist (Intermediate to Senior)
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is searching for an Intermediate to Senior Occupational Environmental Scientist who is ready for a challenge! The individual will work as part of a multi-discipline team of industrial hygienists and occupational health & safety professionals, delivering quality IH/OHS services to our clients in a variety of sectors, including (but not limited to) manufacturing, industrial, health care, education, mining, construction, and government (federal, provincial, and municipal). Our ideal candidate will be motivated and client-focused, quality-oriented, and thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and provide technical design and delivery of building surveys related to hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene investigations, asbestos and mould assessments, indoor air quality assessments, lead surveys, designated substances, potable water surveys and radon surveys.
• Interpret and analyze sample results in relation to legislative requirements and industry-accepted guidelines.
• Coach and mentor junior staff during field site investigation and reporting activities with respect to projects.
• Participate in complex project field work, including visits to sites and supervise remediation activities.
• Technical and peer review for proposals and reporting deliverables.
• Responsible for developing quality hazardous building materials specifications and costs estimates for material removal.
• Grow new and maintain strong client relationships in various strategic markets in collaboration with Market Leaders and Operations Team to continue to enhance the practice in the company.
• Deliver effective training (and assist to develop) on industrial hygiene and health and safety related programs and topics.
• Participate in the full cycle of project management including financial and technical aspects; proposal writing, supervising field work, analyze results, report writing and review.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Science or Engineering (Master’s Degree or higher would be considered an asset).
• Possession of a professional designation such as Registration as a Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) is preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, preferably in a dynamic consulting work environment with relevant experience in hazardous building materials and the indoor environment.
• Strong background in managing and providing technical support for hazardous building materials (asbestos, lead, mould) and remediation/abatement activities.
• Ability to adapt behavior, opinions, tactics and strategies to different situations, individuals, or changing priorities.
• Advanced technical knowledge of the principals and comprehensive practice of industrial/occupational hygiene.
• Strong exposure judgment and strategic thinking for IH/OH issues with practical solutions.
• Proficient in the use of IH related equipment such as sampling pumps, sound level meters, IAQ monitors, dosimeters, and a variety of direct-reading instruments.
• Knowledge of provincial, territorial, and federal occupational health and safety legislation.
• Knowledge, experience working in northern environment considered and asset.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience planning a project budget and managing team assignments.
• Creates a mutually respectful, positive, and high-performing work environment. Ability to build strong team commitment and foster collaboration.
• Currently holds or is eligible to obtain a “Secret Level II” security clearance.
• Highly effective communication skills, written and verbal.
• Travel and occasional periods away from your normal place of work may be required.
• Fluency in English (spoken and written), French fluency is an asset.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
To Apply: Please email your resume and include ” Requisition # 6-109 Occupational Environmental Scientist – Intermediate to Senior” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume