Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 1-104
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is searching for a Mechanical Engineer – Water and Wastewater Design for our Ottawa operation. This opportunity is for someone who wishes to join a dynamic, established team of Process, Civil/Environmental, and Electrical Engineers, and EIT’s. The position will offer a platform for personal and professional growth in an environment of innovation and high expectation. The individual will report directly to the Mechanical Team Lead. The candidate will participate on the project team in design, analysis, drafting, and testing of mechanical equipment relating to water and wastewater systems and will work closely with Process Engineering, Production staff and Project Management to meet project specific requirements.
· Structural analysis/design of large scale, welded steel tanks to withstand internal water pressure, support vertical loads of process equipment, and direct internal flow.
· Mechanical design and detailing of filtration systems and components, including RO, MF/UF, Multi-media.
· Sourcing, sizing, and specification of pumps, valves, motors, bearings, instrumentation, and other equipment as required.
· Analysis of plumbing systems to ensure maximum efficiency.
· Providing technical support to other team members.
· Support of Quality Assurance process and documentation.
· Travel to construction sites, supplier fabrication shops and conduct quality control inspections, and report on observations.
· Detail Drafting of parts and assemblies for manufacture, P&ID, and piping drawings, and compilation of complete Bills of Material.
· Design improvements and cost reduction of standard product line.
· Technical specification and manual preparation.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• PEO designation.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the design of water and wastewater treatment systems in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
• Proficiency with SolidWorks® 3D modeling software.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD® and MS Office®.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Effective verbal and communications skills.
• Valid G Driver’s License.
• Have or eligible for Enhanced Reliability or Secret level clearance.
• Bilingualism in French/English is considered an asset.
To Apply: Please email your resume and include “Mechanical Engineer – Water and Wastewater Design # 1-104” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume