Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 5-112
BluMetric Environmental is looking for a full time Lead Welder to work in our West Ottawa location. We repair and overhaul water treatment systems and build specialized water systems for various clients including the mining sector. If you want to work within an engaging, dynamic, and inclusive team environment, and have aspirations to expand your skills, field of expertise, and work life balance, BluMetric is a perfect fit for you.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Layout, fit and weld various structural components (structural and piping).
• Supervise/mentor and delegate duties to other welders and labourers.
• Ensuring that qualified welders and welding operators are working in accordance to approved welding procedure data sheets on the shop floor.
• Testing and evaluation of new welders.
• Executes the inspection and signoff by verifying accuracy of finished product.
• Documents processes to ensure overall project consistency.
• Maintain records of all welder records and logs.
• Ensure projects are running efficiently and on time.
• Inform Managers on the progress of their project.
• Adhere to all safety policies and enforce the use of all PPE and safe work practise.
• Monitor inventory of welding shop equipment and consumables.
Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Minimum 5 years of experience.
• Must have practical knowledge of supervising welding/fitting operations.
• Proficient in TIG welding stainless steel piping and ability to pass a 6G pipe test.
• Experience/CWB certified in FCAW.
• Possesses conversant knowledge of CWB requirements.
• Familiar with CSA W47.1 and CS W59.
• Possesses the ability to interpret engineering specifications.
• Ability to provide accuracy and detail in assimilation of project details and reports.
• Demonstrates initiative and is a proactive problem solver.
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks quickly.
• Have a sound understanding of welding procedures and welding data procedures.
• Ability to communicate within a team and be able to supervise and lead in a professional manner.
• A good understanding of TSSA procedures would be an asset.
• Red Seal would be an asset.
• Accredited CWB Welding Supervisor Certification would be an asset.
• Familiar with ASME B31.1 / ASME B31.3 and CSA B51 would be an asset.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Lead Welder # 5-112” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume