Employment Type: Full-time
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition Number: 2-115
BluMetric is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented and reliable intermediate hydrogeologist to complement our multidisciplinary team in Gatineau and Ottawa. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and technical skills to plan and conduct Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), site remediation and hydrogeological studies. He or she will be responsible for preparing proposals and budgets, project management, coordination of work teams, preparation and review of quality technical reports.
• Work as part of an interdisciplinary field and office project team to achieve environmental and hydrogeological project objectives, particularly in the context of industrial, commercial, residential and mining sites.
• Oversee or implement field programs including borings, observation wells, soil, surface and groundwater sampling, and pumping tests for a variety of projects including dewatering (mining, quarrying, construction), water supply, environmental impact studies (landfills, mines, industrial sites, and others), and environmental site investigations.
• Recognize and identify potential hazards and work under strict occupational health and safety protocols.
• Compile and interpret hydrogeological data and develop conceptual site models.
• Manage and coordinate small to large scale projects.
• Write and review quality technical reports in French (mainly) and English (an asset).
• Prepare service proposals, participate in local business development activities and communicate with clients, government entities and other stakeholders.
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences, Geological, Civil or Environmental Engineering. A Master’s degree in hydrogeology would be an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience supporting hydrogeological, ESA and remediation projects for industrial, private and government clients.
• Knowledge of geology, physical and chemical hydrogeology, environmental site assessments, contaminated site delineation and remediation.
• Experience should include surface and groundwater monitoring and sampling procedures, drilling and installation of observation wells, taking sampling notes, preparing boring logs, and conducting and analyzing permeability and pumping tests.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. The ability to write professional technical reports is paramount. French essential, bilingualism an asset.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel locally and across the country on an occasional basis.
• Ability to work independently in the office and in the field.
• Positive attitude, teamwork and problem-solving skills are essential.
Apply With Resume