Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 5-115
BluMetric is looking for a full time Field Services Generator Technician responsible installation, commissioning, and servicing generators to power water and wastewater treatment systems. This role will also include maintenance and repair of all ancillary equipment used in the operation of water and wastewater treatment plants. Instrumentation/ PLC experience is required as the position will be responsible for programming controls within our production facility as well as in the field, so all systems function as per engineering and customer requirements.
• Perform maintenance checks and complete repairs as needed, on generators and related equipment.
• Troubleshoot by testing the complete generator system and problem-solve in response to issues and/or defects.
• Repair and/or replace piece(s) as required.
• Maintain, repair and calibrate instrument equipment.
• Maintains proficiency in prescribed TSSA, ESA safety procedures, codes and standards.
• Perform special investigation and experimental work as required.
• Application and setup of VFD and multi axis servo control systems.
• Interpret electrical schematics and process flow drawings involving blueprints, PLC or DCS systems.
• Diagnose complex process problems, determines best resolution, and execute safe repair.
• Develop, provide, and ensure complete and proper safety clearances and procedures as required.
• Prepare detailed daily activity log, updates drawings and calibration sheets when required.
• Detailed teardown and repair of control valves, actuators, and positioners. Reassembles, tunes and setup associated hardware.
• Perform simple layouts and fabrications to install or upgrade instrument hardware.
• Respond to service calls on all water and wastewater systems, repair, replace or adjust components where needed.
• Work with Production, Testing, Purchasing and Field Start-up to resolve questions/issues that arise.
• Site work travel required for commissioning and troubleshooting. Typical travel can be expected up to 50% and sometimes on short notice.
• Creating HASP prior to site work.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Four (4) years of experience (minimum) in the power generation field.
• EGSA (Electrical Generating Systems Association) certification an asset.
• Experience in programs such as Allen-Bradley, Omron and Siemens PLC’s and HMI’s.
• Ability to pay attention to detail, manage time effectively, produce high quality output and meet deadlines consistently.
• Ability to act proactively and work independently in a self-directed manner.
• Be a strong team player.
• Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, problem-solving skills.
• A valid Ontario unrestricted G class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
• Have your own means of transportation.
• Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel internationally.
• Currently holds or is eligible to obtain a minimum Reliability Status security clearance.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Requisition 5-115 Field Services Generator Technician (Production)” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume