Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 1-107
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Environmental Engineer to further add to the bench strength in our Eastern Ontario operations. This role will focus on the environmental engineering aspects of waste management, site assessment and remediation and water management projects. The individual will have practical experience and will take the lead on engineering projects. The successful candidate will delegate and oversee the work of field and/or professional staff and provide mentoring to these individuals.
• Manage and provide technical input in accordance with the BluMetric Quality Management System (QMS) on all aspects of the project life cycle, including but not limited to:
– Identifying clients or business opportunities
– Defining project scope, cost, and schedule for client proposals
– Planning of work
– Execution of technical / field programs
– Designing and/or reporting, and presentation to client
– Implementation of recommendations or future needs analysis
– Client follow-up
• Lead Intermediate and Junior professionals on engineering projects.
• Generate, maintain, and grow client list.
• Act as Project/Design/Construction Engineer for solid waste management projects, including engineered containment systems, leachate management systems, landfill mining/reclamation, landfill closure cover systems, surface/storm water management, landfill gas management systems and waste diversion/recycling facilities.
• Preparing tender documents (contracts, plans and specifications) for landfill development and operations.
• Assist in cost estimations for landfill construction projects and financial liability.
• Civil, Geological, or Environmental Engineering degree with P.Eng. designation in Ontario.
• Seven (7) years environmental engineering experience.
• Experience in solid waste management engineering including landfill permitting and approvals, detailed design, closure, operations management, and leachate treatment.
• Experience in costing waste management options (capital, operating, and legacy).
• Experience with construction document preparation, specifications, contractor selection, and contractor management.
• Experience with construction quality control/assurance monitoring related to solid waste management projects.
• Ability to liaise with multidisciplinary teams (structural, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology, etc.) on engineering design and construction projects.
• Familiarity with current Ontario environmental regulations and guidelines related to waste management, air, groundwater, surface water, soils, and/or sediment.
• Familiarity with current safety regulations and best practices.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to write polished professional technical reports. Bilingual (French) written and verbal skills considered an asset.
• Proven project management skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (northern Canada) and other offices with some overnight travel and flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
To Apply: Please send your resume and include “Environmental Engineer -Waste Management#1-107” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume