Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 9-106
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Environmental Engineer, or Geoscientist to join our Site Assessment and Remediation team, based Eastern Ontario. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, and reliable with demonstrable experience in coordination and implementation of contaminated land field investigation programs, site characterization, and the preparation of Phase One and Phase Two ESA reports. The candidate will be a QPESA (as defined by Ontario Regulation 153/04) and have experience in the preparation and submission of reports for the filing of Records of Site Condition.
The role will require delegation, oversight and mentoring of the work performed by field and/or junior Engineers/Geoscientists. The successful candidate will be working with multidisciplinary teams of professionals on new and existing projects and will report to discipline lead for Site Assessment and Remediation.
• Supervision and implementation of field programs including soil, ground water monitoring and sampling procedures, borehole drilling, and monitoring well installation, logging of field samples, and the preparation of borehole logs.
• Conduct data compilation, assessment, and interpretation.
• Prepare, review, and update technical reports which many include Phase One / Two ESAs, conceptual site models, remedial options analysis, remedial action plans, on-site excess soils management documentation, tender packages (including technical specifications and contract drawings), and cost estimates.
• Acting as a point of contact for clients, with emphasis on building long-term relationships.
• Project administration experience an asset including proposal writing through to delivery and project close-out, including schedule and budget control, client communication, and invoicing.
• Supervise and mentoring of junior colleagues on projects, as appropriate.
• Comply with organizational, client, and site-specific health and safety protocols and programs and applicable health and safety regulations.
• Participate in strategic business development opportunities, and long-term business strategies.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Geoscience, or relevant Engineering discipline.
• Professional Designation (P. Geo. or P. Eng.).
• A minimum professional experience of 6 years is required, from an environmental consulting background.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Qualified Person for Environmental Site Assessment (QPESA).
• Demonstrable experience and expertise in the inception, coordination, implementation, and delivery of environmental site assessments (Phase One, Two) and remediation of soils and groundwater.
• Solid understanding of geology, contaminated site investigations, delineation, and remediation is a requirement. Understanding of physical and chemical hydrogeology would be an asset.
• Experience in ground water monitoring and sampling procedures, borehole drilling, and monitoring well installation, logging of field samples, and the preparation of borehole logs.
• Detailed working knowledge of current Ontario environmental regulations and guidelines related to records of site condition, excess soil, site condition standards, soil vapour assessments.
• Familiarity with current safety regulations and best practices.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to write polished professional technical reports.
• Strong organizational and proven project management skills.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a team environment, including leadership of small teams of professionals and technical staff.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel locally with occasional overnight travel and flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
To Apply: Please email your resume and include ” # Environmental Engineer/ Geoscientist – Intermediate # 9-106″ in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume