Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 8-105
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is seeking an Environmental Data Management Specialist with focus on data analysis/QAQC to join our team in Ontario or Québec. The successful candidate will provide data analysis and review to interdisciplinary, multi-office project teams on a variety of innovative environmental and engineering projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform a number of tasks that may include the revision of analytical results and subsequent statistics from environmental sampling programs and site remediation, as well as technical report preparation, and project coordination/management.
• Support environmental chemistry data analysis.
• Work with Geomatics Specialists, Geoscientists and Environmental Engineers on quality assurance/quality control on project datasets.
• Analyse groundwater, surface-water, and soil chemistry data.
• Prepare technical reports to support permit to take water applications, contaminated site assessments and regulatory compliance.
• Assist in report writing/coordinate projects.
• Promote safety culture in all aspects of work.
• Support proposal development.
Key Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Earth/Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Environmental or Water Resources Engineering, or similar program.
• 1 to 5 years of relevant experience in physical and contaminant hydrogeology, preferably environmental/engineering consulting.
• Experience working with databases and statistics.
• Knowledge of environmental chemistry with strong skills in data analysis.
• Understanding of analytical requirements for water quality and guidelines (federal/provincial).
• Experience working with analytical laboratories.
• Knowledge of geology, physical and chemical hydrogeology including contaminated site investigations, delineation, and remediation.
• Experience in surface-water and groundwater monitoring and sampling procedures, borehole drilling and monitoring well installation, logging of field samples, the preparation of borehole logs, and conducting and analysing aquifer tests would be an asset.
• Strong technical writing, data analysis, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• High level of proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access (SQL an asset).
• Details oriented.
• Experience working at mining and mining-related facilities considered an asset.
• Project coordination/management an asset.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and manage multiple priorities.
To Apply: Please email your resume and include “# 8-105 Environmental Data Management Specialist” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume