Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 8-106
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is searching for an enthusiastic Drafting Specialist/Geomatics Specialist for our Toronto office. This position reports directly to the Geomatics Manager of BluMetric.
The successful candidate will be confident in performing skilled technical, administrative, cartographic, and drafting work of a complex nature under supervision of the Geomatics Manager. The job involves cartographic and cosmetic design of GIS products for reports such as Environmental Site Assessment, Industrial Hygiene and Engineering. The profession has occasional pressures of volume of workload related to meeting production deadlines. Work assignments require a very high degree of visual concentration and attention to detail. Occasional travel throughout Ontario (Southern and Northern Ontario) may be necessary based on the business need.
• Create and maintain a wide variety of GIS data in proper formats and projections.
• Produce plan and cross-section views of environmental sampling data for inclusion in Environmental Site Assessments/Record of Site Conditions (ESAs/RSCs) using GIS and CAD software.
• Perform quality assurance checks on contractor supplied and internally generated GIS data.
• Follow cartographic and drafting standards and perform quality assurance checks.
• Provides data analysis and mapping products on short notice to all levels of internal and external organizations.
• Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
• Completed Post-Secondary studies in Geomatics or closely related discipline with an emphasis on Geomatics and/or drafting.
• 8+ years of experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D for plan section and cross-section generation.
• Knowledge and experience in drafting requirements for Environmental Site Assessment/Record of Site Condition (ESA/RSC) in Ontario will be considered an advantage.
• Experience utilizing ESRI ArcMap to generate maps, perform imagery and spatial analysis, digitize features, create and maintain geodatabases, georeference rasters, convert existing vector data to spatially referenced data (e.g. AutoCAD to ESRI conversion).
• Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) experience such as AutoCAD Civil3D.
• Thorough knowledge of cartographic standards, principles, techniques, projections, and transformations.
• Thorough knowledge of GIS analysis and geoprocessing techniques to perform spatial analysis and manipulate data.
• Working knowledge of current GIS software and related database systems and standard office software systems (MySQL, Access MDB, and Excel).
• Knowledge of basic environmental science, geological and engineering principles.
• Attention to detail, errors may be difficult to identify and could cause major data or productivity loss.
• Ability to prioritize tasks from multiple project managers and manage one’s own time.
• Ability to clearly communicate project progress, predicted timelines, and challenges, to both the geomatics manager and project managers.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing and work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Ability to deal with courtesy, tact, diplomacy, and persuasion when dealing with fellow staff members and outside agencies.
• Ability to organize data according to specifications and document methodology and workflows effectively for a multi-user environment.
• Ability to complete tasks autonomously and with strong problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of GPS, Total Station or Rod-and-Level surveying will be an asset.
• Knowledge on photogrammetry for orthophoto generation and topographic data extraction will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of specific software (e.g. Global Mapper, Pix4D, Cartovista, PCI Geomatica).
• Knowledge of engineering principles (grading, surface water flow).
• Web Mapping will be an asset.
• Knowledge of provincial, municipal and federal government mapping standards.
• French speaking, reading, and writing skills will be considered an asset.
• Have a valid Ontario G driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Drafting Specialist/Geomatics Specialist #8-106” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume