Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 1-115
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is looking for a Civil Engineer with a focus on water resources (hydrology and hydraulics). The candidate will have practical experience and will take the lead on engineering calculations and design working with a diverse group of professionals. In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members and assist in the development of junior-level professionals as part of a robust design team.
The individual will need strong communication and organizational skills to be involved with many projects simultaneously. Bilingual (French) would be an asset.
• Hydrology analysis across a wide range of geographic locations and climates.
• Hydraulic modelling, including river floodplain and analyses of spillways.
• Design of hydraulic structures such as sedimentation ponds, storage reservoirs, drainage systems, and spillways.
• Develop water management and erosion control plans.
• Develop IFC drawings, construction specifications and provide construction oversight.
• Contribute to proposals, statements of qualification and business development activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Civil, Environmental Engineering degree with P.Eng. Designation in Ontario or Quebec.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years of hydrology and hydraulics engineering experience.
• Technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, calculations, and design.
• Experience conducting stream flow monitoring/installation programs.
• Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modelling (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, PCSWMM).
• Experience with hydraulic structure design – channels, culverts, weirs and spillways.
• Experience using AutoCAD and GIS mapping software.
• Experience with water management and water quality analyses with GoldSim is an asset.
• Strong writing skills and experience with producing technical memos, reports, and specification documents.
• Experience with construction document preparation, specifications (including National Master Specifications), contractor selection, and contractor management.
• Ability to liaise with sub-consultants on engineering design and contractors on construction projects.
• Familiarity with current Ontario or Quebec environmental regulations and guidelines related to water management.
• Knowledge of current safety regulations and best practices.
• Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail.
• Proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proven project management skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (including northern Canada and Labrador) with overnight travel and flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Requisition # 1-115 Civil/Environmental Engineer Ontario, Quebec” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume