Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 1-114
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is looking for a Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineer. This role will focus on the environmental engineering aspects of Northern and mine site remediation, waste management and site assessment. The candidate will have practical experience and will take the lead on engineering projects working with a diverse group of leading senior engineers. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team taking remote northern contaminated sites from assessment through to remediation. In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop junior and intermediate-level professionals into a robust remedial design team. This work may also include some travel to remote sites in Canada’s Arctic to supervise remedial work on behalf of our clients and travelling to various communities to visit sites and discuss remedial options with local project stakeholders. If you have always wanted to explore Canada’s North – this position is for you.
The individual will need strong communication and organizational skills to be involved with many projects simultaneously. Bilingual (French) would be an asset but not required.
• Develop and manage field programs related to engineering design.
• Complete the design progression from preliminary design through to IFC design.
• Provide on-site management of projects.
• Manage and provide technical input of all aspects of the project life cycle, including but not limited to defining project scope, cost, and schedule for client proposals; planning of work, execution of technical / field programs; design and/or reporting; presentation to client; implementation of recommendations or future needs analysis.
• Work with a multidisciplinary team including geotechnical engineers, risk assessors, cost estimators, archaeologists, and biologists to develop remedial action plans for contaminated sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineering degree with P.Eng. Designation in Ontario and/or Northwest Territories/Nunavut.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years of environmental engineering experience.
• Experience in Northen and mine remediation is an asset.
• Experience in solid waste management engineering including landfill permitting and approvals, detailed design, closure, operations management, and leachate treatment is an asset.
• Experience in costing waste management options (capital, operating, and legacy) an asset.
• Experience with construction document preparation, specifications (including National Master Specifications), contractor selection, and contractor management.
• Ability to liaise with subcontractors on engineering design and contractors on construction projects.
• Familiarity with current Ontario environmental regulations and guidelines related to waste management, air, groundwater, surface water, soils, and/or sediment.
• Knowledge of current safety regulations and best practices.
• Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail, track record of quality work products.
• Proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to write polished professional technical reports.
• Proven project management skills.
• Working knowledge of the decision-making framework for Federal Contaminated Sites.
• Understanding of the regulatory framework and permitting for Federal and Territorial sites in Canada’s North.
• Indigenous engagement experience is an asset.
• Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (including northern Canada and Labrador) with overnight travel and flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
To Apply: Please forward your resume and include “Requisition # 1-114 Civil/Environmental Engineer Ontario & Northern” in the Subject Line.
Apply With Resume