Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employee Referral Bonus: Eligible
Requisition #: 7-101
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is searching for a dynamic Business Development Specialist – Military CleanTech operation. The individual will work closely with the Military Market Leader to develop strategic business plans and explore business opportunities for sustainable revenue growth. This position will perform a variety of key functions in support of business development initiatives and activities, as well as proposal preparation. The ideal candidate will be motivated, client-focused, quality-oriented, and thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. Preferred work location is in our Ottawa office, but other office locations will be considered.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Participate in the development, implementation and tracking of strategic business development plans to ensure sustainable revenue growth.
• Develop five (5) year bookings forecasts as part of the Company’s financial operating plan.
• Assist in the forecasting of monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales inventory and develop/ manage the Scorecard.
• Research new business opportunities and prepare for evaluation at bid/no bid reviews.
• Assist in the coordination of capture activities while monitoring the Bid & Proposal funding.
• Promote communications and marketing material on both internal and external platforms.
• Coordinate the participation of BluMetric in both domestic and international tradeshows from planning through to onsite support at the event.
• Develop positive working relationships with other functional areas within BluMetric as well as with external customers serving as the key interface for business development activities.
• Support the Military Market Leader with special projects and ad hoc assignments.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
• A Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or technical field combined with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience preferably within the defence industry or equivalent years of experience.
• Comfortable working with various social media platforms including presentation of materials/ communicating complex information to personnel in a manner that would be appealing to a larger audience.
• Experience in building and managing customer relationships to seek out and identify new business opportunities.
• Understanding of financial principals including compiling, reviewing, and analyzing data.
• Knowledge of bid estimating and pricing processes. Previous experience utilizing project management principles, processes and methodologies and planning skills in a business development environment.
• Proficiency with computer software specifically with MS Office Suite and CRM.
• Ability to pay attention to detail, manage time effectively, produce high quality output and meet deadlines consistently.
• Ability to act proactively and work independently in a self-directed manner.
• Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and presentation skills.
• All applicants must be eligible to meet requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
• Currently holds or is eligible to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
To Apply: Please send your resume and include “Business Development Specialist – Military # 7-101” in the subject line.
Apply With Resume